Version 1.2, October 25th, 2021
1. WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small files downloaded and stored into the user’s terminal equipment (i.e. the device you use to access the Platform: personal computer, smartphone, tablet, or any other connected device, etc.). Cookies allow the Platform or website to remember information about the user’s visit.
On a general basis, as laid down in the Cookies Guide published by the Spanish Data Protection Agency (known in Spanish as AEPD), available here, there are several types of cookies.
- Depending on the entity managing the device or the domain from which cookies are sent and the data obtained are processed, cookies may be classified into the following categories:
- Own cookies: These are sent to the users’ device from a terminal or domain managed by the Platform’s editor — CMA in this case — from which the service requested by the user is provided
- Third-party cookies: These are sent to the users’ device from a terminal or domain which is not managed by the Platform’s editor, but by another entity that processes the data gathered using the cookies. If cookies are obtained from a terminal or a domain managed by CMA, but the information gathered by the cookies is processed by a third party, they cannot be classified as CMA’s own cookies. In this regard, CMA may engage analysis or measurement companies to measure and/or analyze the user’s browsing behavior on the platform. Therefore, these act in CMA’s name and on its behalf, by analyzing the data obtained via third-party cookies. All with the sole purpose of improving CMA’s provision of services.
- Depending on the purpose for which data are processed, cookies may be classified into the following categories:
- Technical cookies: These allow the user to browse the platform and to access the different options and services offered, such as monitoring Internet traffic and transmitting data, identifying the session, accessing restricted-access information, remembering options of an inquiry, requesting to be registered to participate in an event, using security components while browsing, storing contents for videos or sound clips to be broadcast or sharing contents on social media.
- Preference Cookies: : These allow the user to access the service with some preset general features based on a number of criteria of the user’s local terminal, including but not limited to the language, the type of browser or regional settings used to access the service.
- Analytical cookies: : These allow the cookie’s controller to track and analyze users’ behavior on the websites connected to the cookies. Information collected by this type of cookies is used to measure the activity on the platform and to create navigation profiles on those websites, applications and platforms in order to enhance them in accordance to the usage data analysis.
- Advertising cookies (marketing): These allow to manage as effectively as possible advertising spaces that the editor included on a website, application or platform from which the service requested is provided based on certain criteria such as the edited content or the frequency ads are displayed.
- Behavioral-advertising cookies (marketing): These allow to manage as effectively as possible advertising spaces that, where relevant, the editor included on a website, application or platform from which the service requested is provided. These cookies collect users’ behavioral information obtained by continuously observing their browsing habits. This is used to develop specific profiles to display customized advertising contents.
- Depending on the time they remain activated in the local terminal (term), cookies may be classified into the following categories:
- Session cookies: These are designed to gather and store data while the user accesses the platform. Session cookies allow the website to recognize users.
- Persistent cookies: With these cookies, data remain in the local terminal and can be accessed and processed by the controller for a given period, ranging from minutes to years.
2.WHICH COOKIES DOES THIS PLATFORM USE?
Technical cookies necessary for the operation of the website.
These Cookies are necessary for the operation of the Platform and the provision of the services requested by the user. Without these Cookies it will not be possible to make use of the Platform or offer you the requested services.
|wp-settings-||Cookie to keep you logged in||1 Year||Own|
|wp-settings-time||Cookie to keep you logged in||1 Year||Own|
|wordpress_sec_ID||Cookie to keep you logged in||Session||Own|
|wordpress_logged_in_ID||Cookie to keep you logged in||Session||Own|
Technical and personalisation cookies
These Cookies allow the contents and functionalities of the Platform to be adapted to general criteria attributed to the user, for example, the language, the type of browser, or the region from where the user accesses, among others, and to allow certain functionalities such as the sending of forms enabled through the Platform.
|Cookie||Purpose||Duration||Management||Does disabling the cookie affect the functionality of the Platform?|
|_icl_current_language||Used to provide different languages to a user. It also checks which language a user is using.||1 day||Third-parties||YES, disabling it may result in your language preferences not being identified.|
|1 day||Third-parties||YES, disabling it may result in your language preferences not being identified.|
|_icl_visitor_lang_js||Used to provide different languages to a user. It also checks which language a user is using.||1 day||Third-parties||YES, disabling it may result in your language preferences not being identified.|
|Vchideactivationmsg_vc11||This cookie helps to send messages through the Contact Form add-on.||1 month||Third-parties||YES, you may not be able to get in touch through the enabled forms.|
|tcb_google_fonts||We use the Google Fonts API to display fonts on our website. The Google Fonts API asks for your IP address when you visit our website.||1 day||Third-parties||
These Cookies allow us to know the behaviour of users on our Platform in order to evaluate the performance of the website. Analysing the use of the Platform helps us to make improvements and adapt to users’ preferences.
|Duration||Management||Does disabling the cookie affect the functionality of the Platform?|
|Google Analytics (_ga)||Used to identify and distinguish a user. It calculates user interactions||2 years||THIRD-PARTIES: GOOGLE||NO|
|Google Analytics (_gat)||
|Google Analytics (_gid)||Used to identify users||24 hours||THIRD-PARTIES: GOOGLE||NO|
|6 months||THIRD-PARTIES: GOOGLE||NO|
|30 minutes||THIRD-PARTIES: GOOGLE||NO|
|__utmb||__utmb is a Google Analytics cookie. It is used to determine new sessions or visits. It takes a timestamp of the exact moment a visitor enters a site.||30 minutes||THIRD-PARTIES: GOOGLE||NO|
|__utma||This cookie keeps track of the number of times a user has been to the site that belongs to the cookie, when their first visit was, and when their last visit took place||2 years||THIRD-PARTIES: GOOGLE||NO|
|__utmv||Used to store visitor-level custom variable data||2 years||THIRD-PARTIES: GOOGLE||NO|
|gwcc||This cookie is responsible for logging contact requests||3 months||THIRD-PARTIES: GOOGLE||NO|
You can prevent Google Analytics from collecting and using data (cookies and IP address) by downloading and installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/181881?hl=es
Advertising cookies (marketing)
These Cookies allow optimising the management of the advertising spaces of the Platform, they store information on the behaviour of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows developing a specific profile to show personalised advertising.
|Does disabling the cookie affect the functionality of the Platform?|
|IDE||Enable optimisation of the management of advertising space on the Platform||1 year||
|Id||They enable the optimisation of the management of advertising spaces on the Platform||2 years||
|_drt_||They allow to optimise the management of advertising spaces on the Platform||2 years||
|FLC||They enable the optimisation of the management of advertising space on the Platform||9 month||
Social media cookies
These are Cookies associated with the social network plugins linked to the Platform and which allow interaction with or through the social network from the Platform itself.
|Cookie||Purpose||Duration||Management||Does the deactivation of the cookie affect the functionality of the Platform?|
|Fbm, _ Actppresence, sb, csm, c_uiser frstxs, dart, _fbp
|Set by Facebook on sites that use its social sharing buttons or tools. Facebook tracks users in order to show them personalised ads.||1 year||
|X-LI-IDC||Set by LinkedIn on sites that use its social sharing buttons or tools. LinkedIn tracks users in order to show them personalised advertisements.||1 month||THIRD-PARTIES:
You can prevent Google Analytics from collecting and using data (cookies and IP address) by downloading and installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/181881?hl=es.
As can be seen, third-party cookies are used, although these third parties are subject to appropriate safeguards with regard to possible international transfers of personal data in accordance with the provisions of current legislation. These are entities either located in the European Economic Area (EEA) or located in a country, territory or one or more specific sectors within that country or international organisation that has been declared adequate by the European Commission, or, in the absence of an adequacy decision, with the following guarantees: (a) a legally binding and enforceable instrument between public authorities or organisations; (b) binding corporate rules; and (c) standard data protection clauses adopted by the Commission. You can consult the information on Privacy of third parties through the following link: Google LLC
3. MANAGING AND SETTING COOKIE PREFERENCES
When you access this Platform for the first time, or, not being the first time, you access through a different device or browser than the one used previously, or if you have deleted the Cookies from your computer, you can accept, reject or configure the installation of cookies according to your preferences.
We offer you information on how you can manage and deactivate the cookies used on the platform through the different options offered by the most common browsers:
In addition, you can also manage the cookie store in your browser through tools such as the following:
4. UPDATES AND CHANGES TO THE COOKIES POLICY
This Cookies Policy may be modified according to legislative or regulatory requirements or in order to adapt this policy to the instructions issued by the Spanish Data Protection Agency (AEPD), therefore users are advised to visit it periodically.