- Criminal Law:
Offences against life, sexual offences, offences against workers’ rights, honor crimes and privacy offences, gender-based violence crimes, crimes against Public Administration.
- International Criminal Law:
European extradition and arrest warrants. Crimes against persons and economic crimes.
- Corporate Crimes:
This practice intends to settle under criminal law situations occurring within companies as a consequence of practices involving the fraudulent administration of company assets, false accounting records or any other corporate documents that provide a distorted image of the company, imposing abusive clauses on the minority, adopting agreements by fictitious majority and denying their rights to shareholders.
- Crimes related to corruption:
In this area, we defend the client during investigation and in-court procedures related to bribery, influence peddling, corruption in international transactions and to the recently introduced crime, corruption between individuals.
ECONOMIC CRIMINAL LAW
- Property crimes, such as fraud, misappropriation, insolvency offenses.
- Fraudulent management, false accounting.
- Crimes against honor and invasion of privacy.
- Computer-aided crimes such as disclosure of company secrets, attacks to corporate image via internet.
- Crimes against the public treasury.
- International economic crimes.
- Design and implementation of criminal prevention plans for companies.
- Investigation of criminal offenses committed within the company.
- Alteration of prices in public tendering.
- Criminal compliance implementation stages:
- Analyze and identify criminal risks.
- Propose controls to mitigate the likelihood of an avoidable risk.
- Draft an action plan and devise corrective actions.
- Staff training, communication and awareness actions.
- Support and follow up the assignment of a person responsible (in-house or third party hire) for periodically reviewing and assessing risks.
- Among the most significant offenses which may be committed by the company in the field of Criminal Law:
- Influence peddling.
- Environmental crimes.
- Crimes against public health.
- Forgery of methods of payment.
- Money laundering.
- Crimes against Tax and Social Security Authorities.
- New crimes which may be committed by a company:
- Offenses related to obstruction of enforcement proceedings (submitting an incomplete or inaccurate list of assets when replying to a court enforcement order).
- Offenses related to discrimination (denigration, humiliation, or any other violation of fundamental rights are not limited to individuals, they can also be committed by companies).
Our Economic Criminal Law Department has extensive experience in defending the interests of clients who have been affected by a case in this area of the law. We have the best multidisciplinary strategy to address your case. Contact us!