Our expertise in the banking sector has made evident that it is essential to have a multidisciplinary team which is highly experienced in providing legal advice to commercial and savings banks and financial institutions, adding actual value to their business.
Our main goal is to adapt to the structure of the institution, making our team part of the in-house legal department in order to help them achieve their goals.
- Civil proceedings for debt collection and arrears management. We work closely with risk committees to manage everyday risk
- Defense in civil proceedings related to ‘floor clauses’, swaps, multi-currency clauses and other financial products
- Criminal proceedings for fraud, misappropriation, etc.
- Negotiation with insurance and reinsurance companies in the event of employee disloyalty or other incidents
- Procedural assistance in labor cases, throughout Spain
- Counsel on labor matters and on individual and collective bargaining
- Adaptation of executives’ remuneration to the new Law 10/2014 of June 26 on the regulation, supervision and solvency of credit institutions
- Defense at administrative court against sanctions related to data processing and e-commerce issued by the Spanish Data Protection Agency.
- Management of the organization’s trademarks and defense at administrative court of its industrial property
- Assistance in managing claims filed with the Bank of Spain and the Spanish Securities & Exchange Commission (CNMV)
- Create and plan work groups with the in-house legal department for relevant issues, such as new technologies, etc.
- Commercial planning and management for the sale of credit portfolios
- Reorganization of labor costs
These are new times for the banking sector. The digital transformation and the booming ‘claims culture’ have called for a paradigm shift which requires specialized and seasoned professionals to address these new challenges. Ceca Magán Abogados has a Banking & Finance Department which meets both requirements. If you would like to know more, please do not hesitate to contact us.